I’m a veteran instructional design consultant who utilizes learning technologies to create engaging and impactful learning experiences that drive real change in learner behavior.
I am an experienced instructional designer who has led the development of over 100 training courses, specializing in creating engaging eLearning experiences. Skilled in instructional design, learning technologies, and project management. Seeking new opportunities to use my skills and experience as a senior instructional designer.
Have you ever needed to explain a complex product or idea in a simple and easy-to-understand way? That's where I come in! I've developed dozens of corporate explainer videos using animations, engaging storytelling, and professional voice-over talent to help organizations clearly tell their story.
My primary role is to oversee the development of online learning materials, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
• Created and developed engaging eLearning experiences for the entire iHeartMedia organization.
• Partnered with other internal learning and development leaders to implement eLearning best practices.
• Successfully designed and developed over 25 eLearning courses to educate contractors, builders, and architects on industry best practices and recommendations.
• Managed the end-to-end design, development, and implementation of continuous learning solutions for multiple complex learning projects.
• Partnered with the United Nations to develop training focused on raising awareness for community policing in Iraq.
• Worked closely with the International Office of Migration team to determine low-bandwidth solutions for learners in remote and underserved locations.
• Developed eleven eLearning modules for the new Uber Eats delivery application.
• Worked with multiple stakeholders to ensure modules matched branding and contained essential support information.
• Developed twelve training modules to train support staff on partner and rider issues.
• Created an explainer video to help market the Uber Rush delivery application.
• Converted over 4 hours of training material to online SCORM coursework for internal LMS.
• Created over 40 “Try It Now” scenarios to promote engaging scenario-based learning.
• Developed “Game Center” for 8 highly interactive gamification-based eLearning courses.
• Developed over 5 hours of training content in multiple languages, including English, Portuguese, French, and German.
• Designed a custom Equinix-themed template to aid in the rapid development of all learning objects.
• Developed 100-page employee reference manual for use in over 7,000 locations.
• Worked with an internal team of SME’s to design, develop and deliver learning tools.
Emphasis in eLearning for adult learners.
Tom was wonderful to work with. Even on a very challenging project, he was able to provide great solutions and help problem-solve to create a remarkable e-learning product.
What Tom was able to create fit our direction superbly. His understanding of coding principles allowed us to mix and match approaches to serve different needs while maintaining the same tools. His portfolio should speak to the caliber of work by itself but know that with his talents come a very personable, capable, and innovative developer. Highly recommended!
Tom provided his unique skill set and the additional resources needed to deliver this certification training ahead of schedule. In addition, Tom responded to all emails, calls, and requests for edits quickly and professionally. This was awesome, given that some of these requests came during weekends or random times because of working with teams in different time zones.
Tom was amazing in terms of partnering on an eLearning initiative around performance/compensation in multiple languages, using high-fidelity custom graphics and videos. He was also extremely cost-effective, undercutting large graphics design firms by over 30% while maintaining a large volume (multiple videos in different languages).
Click the button below to download a pdf of my resume.
You can view my LinkedIn profile by clicking the button below.